Navigate the Showcase of Schools like an Expert
By on 10/25/2017
The Jefferson County Public Schools Showcase of Schools offers detailed information for parents and students making decisions about educational opportunities. Want to make the most of your time? Here are some tips to maximize your experience at the Showcase of Schools.
What you can do at the Showcase of Schools:
- Talk to school staff and district staff face to face.
- Meet students from different schools and talk to them about their school.
- Look at student projects, artwork and robots to see the quality of work from each school.
- Meet district support staff to discuss a variety of topics including transportation, nutrition service, CEP, English as a second language, demographics and early childhood.
- Learn about specialized programs from staff members who work within each program.
- If you have more than one student, visit schools representing different grade levels at one location.
- Visit with as many schools as you like during the Showcase.
- Talk to staff about the application process.
- Discuss the learning atmosphere that works best for your student. Review the options, programs and offerings at each school and align them with your student’s interests and life goals.
The Showcase of Schools is strategically held on October 28 because the application period for the 2018-2019 school year opens October 30 and runs through December 15. It’s important to submit an application during this time. Go to www.jefferson.kyschools.us and click Register & Apply on the homepage to begin.