10 Tips for Attending Derby City Comic Con
By on 10/25/2017
The seventh annual Derby City Comic Con returns to Louisville Oct. 28-29 to the Kentucky Exposition Center’s East Hall.
The event brings together sci-fi and comic book fans, artists, creators and special guests. Shop over 125 booths filled with comics, toys and merchandise. Collectors can also meet the masters behind favorites such as: “The Incredible Hulk,” “Spider-Man,” “The X-Files,” “Lego Bionicle,” “Aqua Teen Hunger” and more.
Derby City Con makes a great first convention for any fan. Planning to attend Derby City Comic Con for the first time? Here are 10 tips:
- Buy your tickets in advance. This gets you in the door quickly when you arrive.
- Make a schedule. There are several panels throughout the weekend. Know which ones you want to attend, when and where they are so you don’t miss out.
- Be prepared to pay for parking.
- Look for the building marked “Harold Workman North Wing Lobby.” Through the food court you’ll find the East Hall, where the convention is located. Have either your printed ticket, QR code on your phone or cash ready for admission. This will makes waits in line much shorter.
- Prioritize your day. If you’re coming to get a sketch from your favorite comic artist, catch them first. Looking for an autograph? Get in that line first. If you’re just coming to shop, start at the front and work in a pattern so you don’t miss anything.
- Bring cash. Some vendors take cards but not all of them. There are ATMs on site but it’s always best to bring cash.
- Be prepared for a day of shopping. Wear comfortable shoes and clothing. You can’t have fun if you’re miserable on your feet. If you plan on making a lot of purchases, bring a backpack or large bag. That way you won’t have to trek back and forth to your car all day.
- Enjoy eating at the food court inside the North Wing Lobby. It is open all weekend.
- Stay the weekend! Derby City Comic Con has a deal worked out with Hilton Garden next door and would love to see you at the Saturday night costume party in the Twin Spire Room.
- Have fun! Derby City Comic Con is one of the more relaxed conventions around. The crowds are manageable and the shopping is great.